The student-run publication of Stuart Hall High School

The Roundtable

The Roundtable

The Roundtable

Meet the Staff
Connor Zanoli
Connor Zanoli
Design Editor

Connor Zanoli is a designer, and he does graphics and page layouts for The Roundtable. He is artistically inclined

Nik Chupkin
Nik Chupkin
Nik Chupkin is editor-in-chief for The Roundtable as well as the publication’s resident designer.

Julian is a reporter for the Roundtable, who enjoys writing about sports. Outside of school, he spends his time

The Crisis in San Francisco
The Crisis in San Francisco
By Ethan Yap, Reporter • April 11, 2024

Homelessness is a rampant problem in San Francisco. San Francisco now has a reputation of being a dirty city that is filled with homeless people. According...

Chinese Immersion Trip to Chengdu
Chinese Immersion Trip to Chengdu
By Christopher Chow, Reporter • April 9, 2024

On November 19th, ten Convent & Stuart Hall students studying Mandarin embarked on an unforgettable journey to Chengdu, China, opening their minds...

Berlin and Copenhagen urban exploration
By Giuseppe Scala and Ronan LiaoDecember 29, 2023

At the beginning of August this summer, 19 Convent and Stuart Hall seniors embarked on a journey to Copenhagen and Berlin. This school-facilitated...

Keeping up with CAS
By Ayden Arcillas, Chief of Staff • December 29, 2023

For many seniors this year, their projects are already on the move! Specifically for one stu- dent, Sebastian Horton-Vega (‘24), his project, “DiveIn”,...

Welcome Freshmen
By Sabastian Horten-Vega, Editor • December 29, 2023

As we begin the new school year, I’ve decided to reflect on the years prior, hopefully giving insight to the Freshmen that have just started high school....

Things to do in San Francisco

By Omid Ravanfar ‘16

San Francisco, a tourist’s dream
San Francisco, the city by the bay, is considered to be a tourist’s sweet spot; it is the home of Fisherman’s Wharf, the city with Golden Gate and Bay Bridge, curvy Lombard Street, and the home of Alcatraz. San Francisco also has a pretty interesting history, such as its famous earthquakes of 1906 and 1989. However, even though many tourists would agree that San Francisco is a great place to visit, many newcomers who are here for the first time and even those who have lived here forever are confused on what to visit and when to visit them.

Some people would actually argue that the best way to start a fun day in the city would be to travel down Lombard Street. This famous and interesting path is well known nationally, but could start to create a line as early as 9:00 A.M. As you drive down this street, you can see a terrific view of the city, as well as enjoying the vivid colors of the plants found all along the side of the street.

Though, other people may also agree that Lombard Street is great, but instead would prefer going to Fisherman’s Wharf because of its delicious food and fun atmosphere; just like Lombard street, Fisherman’s Wharf is also one of the most recognized sight in the U.S because of it’s well known fresh sea food and its location close to the bay.

After Fisherman’s Wharf, you have many options, but two of which stand out above all; you can take a tour to Alcatraz pending if the weather is acceptable, if not then you can take a visit to Pier 39. Pier 39 tends to be a fun place to visit any day of the week, no matter the weather. At Pier 39, there are many options one can do; some examples are shopping, visiting the sea-lions, or even just enjoying the sight of the sea.
In this process of taking a tour remember to make a stop at Golden Gate Bridge, preferably at sunset; at this time the sun is just setting under the horizon and the best view of this is definitely on the historic Golden Bridge.

Golden Gate Bridge at Night || Photo Credit to Omid Ravanfar

This bridge is a little more than 1.7 miles long and can be really fun to just walk across, and by doing so, you can get an excellent view of the city. Though, remember to bring layers while visiting the bridge, if you don’t, then you’ll definitely be miserable during your visit. Now remember that these are only a few ideas of what one can do in the city, there are many other superb options/choices you can do, such as taking a tour in Chinatown and/or Union Square. Both of these of places have a variety of things one can do that are both fun and interesting.

San Francisco is arguably one of the most fascinating cities in the world; it is the home of many tourists, and all of those tourists would probably agree that our city is one of the greatest places in the world. Now it may be known for its food and fun surroundings with the beautiful Golden Gate Bridge, whether during the day or night. Best of all, this city also has a vast, yet diverse population, and all of whom have no trouble in calling San Francisco as their home.