The student-run publication of Stuart Hall High School

The Roundtable

The Roundtable

The Roundtable

Meet the Staff
Bailey Parent
Bailey Parent
Bailey Parent is a sophomore and a reporter for The Roundtable. When he’s not writing or busy with school, he is a boy scout
Cole Charas
Cole Charas
Cole is the Editor-in-Chief of The Roundtable. He is an infographic designer, editor, and in charge of the layout. He began drawing
Anshsingh Ghayalod is sophomore and reporter for The Roundtable. He joined the team earlier this
The Crisis in San Francisco
The Crisis in San Francisco
By Ethan Yap, Reporter • April 11, 2024

Homelessness is a rampant problem in San Francisco. San Francisco now has a reputation of being a dirty city that is filled with homeless people. According...

Chinese Immersion Trip to Chengdu
Chinese Immersion Trip to Chengdu
By Christopher Chow, Reporter • April 9, 2024

On November 19th, ten Convent & Stuart Hall students studying Mandarin embarked on an unforgettable journey to Chengdu, China, opening their minds...

Berlin and Copenhagen urban exploration
By Giuseppe Scala and Ronan LiaoDecember 29, 2023

At the beginning of August this summer, 19 Convent and Stuart Hall seniors embarked on a journey to Copenhagen and Berlin. This school-facilitated...

Keeping up with CAS
By Ayden Arcillas, Chief of Staff • December 29, 2023

For many seniors this year, their projects are already on the move! Specifically for one stu- dent, Sebastian Horton-Vega (‘24), his project, “DiveIn”,...

Welcome Freshmen
By Sabastian Horten-Vega, Editor • December 29, 2023

As we begin the new school year, I’ve decided to reflect on the years prior, hopefully giving insight to the Freshmen that have just started high school....

The Crisis in San Francisco

Homelessness is a rampant problem in San Francisco. San Francisco now has a reputation of being a dirty city that is filled with homeless people. According to McKinsey & Co 70% of San Francisco residents cite homelessness as a top three problem in the city. Drug use and the high cost of living both contribute towards the high number of homeless people in San Francisco. According to the SF government, as of 2022, there are about eight-thousand homeless people. In a city that is relatively small in land size, eight thousand people is a lot. 

“Homelessness is a pretty big issue,” an anonymous student at Stuart Hall said, “It is important that we can keep our streets and city clean.” This student isn’t alone in his feelings towards homelessness. According to a poll done by the San Francisco Chronicle, the vast majority of San Franciscans want to solve homelessness and to improve the safety of our city. “Homeless people are usually associated with drugs and poverty,” according to sophomore Daniel Montejano, “So although many people would love to see homelessness end, no neighborhood would accept homeless people.” 

What are some ways we can mitigate homelessness? “It’s up to city officials,” said an anonymous student at Stuart Hall, “ Homeless people need to find jobs to earn money so that they can survive.” It is essential that the city gets involved in order to tackle homelessness. If homeless people are able to find jobs, earn money, and have support from the government, there is a chance that homelessness will decrease. This would result in safer, clear streets. 

Homelessness is a prominent issue in San Francisco. Although this problem is hard to solve, city officials must take more steps to lessen homelessness. San Francisco must get rid of their reputation of being a dirty city, or some might say, a “rat hole”. However, if the right steps are taken, homelessness can become an issue of the past.