The student-run publication of Stuart Hall High School

The Roundtable

The Roundtable

The Roundtable

Meet the Staff
Henry Murray
Henry Murray
Henry Murray is the sports editor for The Roundtable and has been writing for the publication

Julian is a reporter for the Roundtable, who enjoys writing about sports. Outside of school, he spends his time

Will Burns
Will Burns
Will Burns is a senior reporter for The Roundtable and has been part of the team since his freshman year. When he’s not writing,
The Crisis in San Francisco
The Crisis in San Francisco
By Ethan Yap, Reporter • April 11, 2024

Homelessness is a rampant problem in San Francisco. San Francisco now has a reputation of being a dirty city that is filled with homeless people. According...

Chinese Immersion Trip to Chengdu
Chinese Immersion Trip to Chengdu
By Christopher Chow, Reporter • April 9, 2024

On November 19th, ten Convent & Stuart Hall students studying Mandarin embarked on an unforgettable journey to Chengdu, China, opening their minds...

Berlin and Copenhagen urban exploration
By Giuseppe Scala and Ronan LiaoDecember 29, 2023

At the beginning of August this summer, 19 Convent and Stuart Hall seniors embarked on a journey to Copenhagen and Berlin. This school-facilitated...

Keeping up with CAS
By Ayden Arcillas, Chief of Staff • December 29, 2023

For many seniors this year, their projects are already on the move! Specifically for one stu- dent, Sebastian Horton-Vega (‘24), his project, “DiveIn”,...

Welcome Freshmen
By Sabastian Horten-Vega, Editor • December 29, 2023

As we begin the new school year, I’ve decided to reflect on the years prior, hopefully giving insight to the Freshmen that have just started high school....

New Life in the Dungeon

dungeon

During an early third period on May 14, the mural team (Mrs. Hellstrom, Anthony Torrano, Alfred Gruber, Evan Muncheryan, Lucas Long, Jack Wells, Allan Shen, Angelo Paxinos, and Gavin Klein) peeled the final pieces of tape off the wall of the Dungeon after an exhausting three-week journey.  Senior Anthony Torrano, who led the project, sprayed the final touches on the “Welcome to the Dungeon” mural.  With a smile, he took a look at the work he planned extensively during the last few months.

The team began work late April after the administration approved the design. Concern arose about the mural’s potential to distract players, especially during free throws. Before anything was put on the wall, the team had to make a blueprint of the design to assure all measurements would be accurate.  To begin work on the wall, a unique font was drawn with pencil on the wall. Later, the brick and mortar castle wall and the sky background were painted on. When the background was complete, Anthony spray-painted the letters, their borders, and finished them with a 3D effect.  Lastly, touch-ups were made and two sparkles were added.

Senior Alfred Gruber, in addition to helping paint, was in charge of creating a time-lapse for the project. The film will be shown at the Stuart Hall Film Festival. The juniors from this year’s team will lead next year’s mural project, so keep your eyes peeled!

Photo Credit: Patter Hellstrom