The student-run publication of Stuart Hall High School

The Roundtable

The Roundtable

The Roundtable

Meet the Staff
Will Burns
Will Burns
Will Burns is a senior reporter for The Roundtable and has been part of the team since his freshman year. When he’s not writing,
Bailey Parent
Bailey Parent
Bailey Parent is a sophomore and a reporter for The Roundtable. When he’s not writing or busy with school, he is a boy scout

Julian is a reporter for the Roundtable, who enjoys writing about sports. Outside of school, he spends his time

The Crisis in San Francisco
The Crisis in San Francisco
By Ethan Yap, Reporter • April 11, 2024

Homelessness is a rampant problem in San Francisco. San Francisco now has a reputation of being a dirty city that is filled with homeless people. According...

Chinese Immersion Trip to Chengdu
Chinese Immersion Trip to Chengdu
By Christopher Chow, Reporter • April 9, 2024

On November 19th, ten Convent & Stuart Hall students studying Mandarin embarked on an unforgettable journey to Chengdu, China, opening their minds...

Berlin and Copenhagen urban exploration
By Giuseppe Scala and Ronan LiaoDecember 29, 2023

At the beginning of August this summer, 19 Convent and Stuart Hall seniors embarked on a journey to Copenhagen and Berlin. This school-facilitated...

Keeping up with CAS
By Ayden Arcillas, Chief of Staff • December 29, 2023

For many seniors this year, their projects are already on the move! Specifically for one stu- dent, Sebastian Horton-Vega (‘24), his project, “DiveIn”,...

Welcome Freshmen
By Sabastian Horten-Vega, Editor • December 29, 2023

As we begin the new school year, I’ve decided to reflect on the years prior, hopefully giving insight to the Freshmen that have just started high school....

One Last Swing: Varsity Golf in Review

Wong_GolfAs the long season came to an end, the Knights finished on a strong note. Although victories throughout the year had come at a premium due to inexperience this season, the Knights had consistent play from Junior Redmond Lyons and improving play from Juniors Will Dillingham and Alex Wong. The Knights placed 5th out of 9 teams at the BAC Challenge at Metropolitan on March 18 and placed 21st out of 26 teams at the Transbay Invitational on April 19th – Junior Will Dillingham led the Knights with an 84 and Junior Redmond Lyons with an 85 on a par 72 course. In both competitions, the Knights beat Head Royce, a BCL East rival, capping off impressive showings at these tournaments. The Knights finished with a 3-8 overall record with wins coming against El Cerrito High School, San Mateo High School, and University High School. Although the wins do not reflect the potential of the team, the Knights have played competitively throughout the season. Says Redmond Lyons, “The biggest thing that our team can take away from this season is that golf is not an in-season sport where we can just pick up when the season starts, but that we have to continue practice throughout the entire year.”

The Knights will be saying their farewells to Senior Stephen Wong and as he departs, they look forward to next spring, when the Knights look to come back strong with returning Juniors Redmond Lyons, Will Dillingham, Alex Wong, and Sophomore Jack Gruber. These student-athletes have proven that they have become a valuable and lethal core, ready to beat any team. Also, Congratulations to Junior Redmond Lyons, who made 1st Team BCL West and qualified for NCS North where he played and placed 38th out of 130 golfers. In addition, he has received the team MVP award. Well done, Redmond!

Article by: Stephen Wong

Photo Credit: Alex Wong