The student-run publication of Stuart Hall High School

The Roundtable

The Roundtable

The Roundtable

Meet the Staff
Henry Murray
Henry Murray
Sports Editor
Henry Murray is the sports editor for The Roundtable and has been writing for the publication
Kavi Gandhi
Kavi Gandhi
Cartoonist
Kavi Gandhi is a cartoonist for The Roundtable and does some of the graphics for
Robin Tsai
Robin Tsai
Cartoonist
Robin Tsai is the cartoonist for The Roundtable and a new member of the publication team this
The Crisis in San Francisco
The Crisis in San Francisco
By Ethan Yap, Reporter • April 11, 2024

Homelessness is a rampant problem in San Francisco. San Francisco now has a reputation of being a dirty city that is filled with homeless people. According...

Chinese Immersion Trip to Chengdu
Chinese Immersion Trip to Chengdu
By Christopher Chow, Reporter • April 9, 2024

On November 19th, ten Convent & Stuart Hall students studying Mandarin embarked on an unforgettable journey to Chengdu, China, opening their minds...

Berlin and Copenhagen urban exploration
By Giuseppe Scala and Ronan LiaoDecember 29, 2023

At the beginning of August this summer, 19 Convent and Stuart Hall seniors embarked on a journey to Copenhagen and Berlin. This school-facilitated...

Keeping up with CAS
By Ayden Arcillas, Chief of Staff • December 29, 2023

For many seniors this year, their projects are already on the move! Specifically for one stu- dent, Sebastian Horton-Vega (‘24), his project, “DiveIn”,...

Welcome Freshmen
By Sabastian Horten-Vega, Editor • December 29, 2023

As we begin the new school year, I’ve decided to reflect on the years prior, hopefully giving insight to the Freshmen that have just started high school....

Winter Sports Preview

by Peter Melling ’12

Coming off of last year’s 16-13 record, as well as an appearance in the BCL West Championship game, the Stuart Hall High School 2011-2012 Varsity Basketball team looks to improve their record and make it back to the championship. Coach Johnson, entering his 12th season as Stuart Hall’s coach, says that, “I think we can make another run for it. It’s just a matter of making sure all the right pieces fit together at the right

Winter Sports Preview | Peter Melling '12

time. We have a lot of talent, and if that talent can come to fruition, we can do it.” While the team lost a great deal of seniors after last year, the current leadership looks to set a good example for the rest of the team. “I think we can be a powerhouse,” states last year’s breakout star Tim Connolly ’12, “The new freshman are pretty good, and while they’re not fully developed yet, I think they can really help out right now.” Tryouts are at the start of November, and practices will start soon after that.

Wrestling

After last year’s surprising success, the team has moved into a new division: the BCL East (note: this does not affect other SHHS sports).  In this new division, Stuart Hall will be pitted against teams from the Bay Area with newer wrestling programs and a similar skill level. Not that this has changed the intensity of the returning wrestlers and the new recruits, as Coach Woodard stated: “We’re picking up the pace from last year, and we aim to do even better. These guys are capable of so much, and through the right training, we will able to produce NCS and even state qualifiers.”  Also, the team has been rebranded, with new logos and singlets. Senior Alex Asdourian said “I think we’ll have more success as far as wins go. We’ve learned a lot from our first season and took away some lessons from our defeats last year.” Wrestling practice will begin on November 7th. All are welcome to participate in this magnificent opportunity.