The student-run publication of Stuart Hall High School

The Roundtable

The Roundtable

The Roundtable

Meet the Staff
Kavi Gandhi
Kavi Gandhi
Cartoonist
Kavi Gandhi is a cartoonist for The Roundtable and does some of the graphics for
Cole Charas
Cole Charas
Cole is the Editor-in-Chief of The Roundtable. He is an infographic designer, editor, and in charge of the layout. He began drawing
Connor Zanoli
Connor Zanoli
Design Editor

Connor Zanoli is a designer, and he does graphics and page layouts for The Roundtable. He is artistically inclined

The Crisis in San Francisco
The Crisis in San Francisco
By Ethan Yap, Reporter • April 11, 2024

Homelessness is a rampant problem in San Francisco. San Francisco now has a reputation of being a dirty city that is filled with homeless people. According...

Chinese Immersion Trip to Chengdu
Chinese Immersion Trip to Chengdu
By Christopher Chow, Reporter • April 9, 2024

On November 19th, ten Convent & Stuart Hall students studying Mandarin embarked on an unforgettable journey to Chengdu, China, opening their minds...

Berlin and Copenhagen urban exploration
By Giuseppe Scala and Ronan LiaoDecember 29, 2023

At the beginning of August this summer, 19 Convent and Stuart Hall seniors embarked on a journey to Copenhagen and Berlin. This school-facilitated...

Keeping up with CAS
By Ayden Arcillas, Chief of Staff • December 29, 2023

For many seniors this year, their projects are already on the move! Specifically for one stu- dent, Sebastian Horton-Vega (‘24), his project, “DiveIn”,...

Welcome Freshmen
By Sabastian Horten-Vega, Editor • December 29, 2023

As we begin the new school year, I’ve decided to reflect on the years prior, hopefully giving insight to the Freshmen that have just started high school....

Paterno’s Ordeal

by Tim Connolly ’12

In Joe Paterno’s forty years at Pennsylvania State he has become the most successful coach in NCAA history with around 409 wins.  He’s also coached five undefeated teams, won two major bowl games, and in 2007 was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame as a coach. Due to a recent scandal involving his former defensive coordinator, Jerry Sandusky, he has been forced to step down. Jerry Sandusky has been accused of sexually abusing boys over a fourteen-year period.  He claims his innocence though and maintains that all he had done was “horse around” in the showers. The case has been rapidly developing and Penn State’s Athletic Director, Tim Curley, as well as the school’s vice president for finance and business, Gary Schultz, have been charged with one count of felony perjury and another for failure to report abuse allegations. Also because of these allegations, Penn State’s President, Graham Spanier, has been forced to step down.

The Paterno Incident sent shockwaves through the football world | Image by Taro Duncan '14

The incident has sent shockwaves throughout the sports world. For example at Syracuse University basketball coach Jim Boeheim’s assistant coach Bernie Fine has been recently accused of molesting three males.  Bernie Fine has since been removed, but many are calling for head coach Jim Boeheim’s dismissal as well. With all of these allegations swirling around it’s easy for one to get disillusioned, but our Head of School, Tony Farrell summed it up best during assembly with a quote from the Chronicle, “for evil to triumph, good men need only do nothing”.  By “nothing” Joe Paterno and Jim Boeheim didn’t report the occurrences to the right people.  All guardians of children know that sexual abuse cases should go straight to the police.  In both cases, neither coach did anything.