The student-run publication of Stuart Hall High School

The Roundtable

The Roundtable

The Roundtable

Meet the Staff

Julian is a reporter for the Roundtable, who enjoys writing about sports. Outside of school, he spends his time

Owen Akel
Owen Akel
Editor-in-Chief, Web Editor
Owen Akel is the Editor-in-Chief and Web Editor for The Roundtable. Akel enjoys writing stories
Bailey Parent
Bailey Parent
Bailey Parent is a sophomore and a reporter for The Roundtable. When he’s not writing or busy with school, he is a boy scout
The Crisis in San Francisco
The Crisis in San Francisco
By Ethan Yap, Reporter • April 11, 2024

Homelessness is a rampant problem in San Francisco. San Francisco now has a reputation of being a dirty city that is filled with homeless people. According...

Chinese Immersion Trip to Chengdu
Chinese Immersion Trip to Chengdu
By Christopher Chow, Reporter • April 9, 2024

On November 19th, ten Convent & Stuart Hall students studying Mandarin embarked on an unforgettable journey to Chengdu, China, opening their minds...

Berlin and Copenhagen urban exploration
By Giuseppe Scala and Ronan LiaoDecember 29, 2023

At the beginning of August this summer, 19 Convent and Stuart Hall seniors embarked on a journey to Copenhagen and Berlin. This school-facilitated...

Keeping up with CAS
By Ayden Arcillas, Chief of Staff • December 29, 2023

For many seniors this year, their projects are already on the move! Specifically for one stu- dent, Sebastian Horton-Vega (‘24), his project, “DiveIn”,...

Welcome Freshmen
By Sabastian Horten-Vega, Editor • December 29, 2023

As we begin the new school year, I’ve decided to reflect on the years prior, hopefully giving insight to the Freshmen that have just started high school....

National Honor Society Induction

by Kevin Wong ’12

New Inductees Swear In | Photo by Sergio Vasquez
New Inductees Swear In | Photo by Lori Saltveit
On the morning of Monday, April 23rd, the new inductees to the Morning Star Branch of the National Honor Society, respectively Dominic Cheung, Devin Harvey, Peter Melling, Andrew Fejt, Hiro Imaizumi and Will Campbell, were sworn in. The National Honor Society is an international organization recognizing high school students who hold excessive talent and value in four core values: service, scholarship, leadership and character. It is truly an amazing honor for these students to be inducted into this prestigious society and we anticipate seeing them go far.