The student-run publication of Stuart Hall High School

The Roundtable

The Roundtable

The Roundtable

Meet the Staff

Julian is a reporter for the Roundtable, who enjoys writing about sports. Outside of school, he spends his time

Henry Murray
Henry Murray
Sports Editor
Henry Murray is the sports editor for The Roundtable and has been writing for the publication
Robin Tsai
Robin Tsai
Cartoonist
Robin Tsai is the cartoonist for The Roundtable and a new member of the publication team this
The Crisis in San Francisco
The Crisis in San Francisco
By Ethan Yap, Reporter • April 11, 2024

Homelessness is a rampant problem in San Francisco. San Francisco now has a reputation of being a dirty city that is filled with homeless people. According...

Chinese Immersion Trip to Chengdu
Chinese Immersion Trip to Chengdu
By Christopher Chow, Reporter • April 9, 2024

On November 19th, ten Convent & Stuart Hall students studying Mandarin embarked on an unforgettable journey to Chengdu, China, opening their minds...

Berlin and Copenhagen urban exploration
By Giuseppe Scala and Ronan LiaoDecember 29, 2023

At the beginning of August this summer, 19 Convent and Stuart Hall seniors embarked on a journey to Copenhagen and Berlin. This school-facilitated...

Keeping up with CAS
By Ayden Arcillas, Chief of Staff • December 29, 2023

For many seniors this year, their projects are already on the move! Specifically for one stu- dent, Sebastian Horton-Vega (‘24), his project, “DiveIn”,...

Welcome Freshmen
By Sabastian Horten-Vega, Editor • December 29, 2023

As we begin the new school year, I’ve decided to reflect on the years prior, hopefully giving insight to the Freshmen that have just started high school....

Knights Basketball Update

New arrivals expected to make an immediate impact

By: Connor Abbott ’14

In the first league game of the season, the Stuart Hall basketball team took it to their opposition, the Urban Blues. Good shooting and even better rebounding made everyone on the court in a white jersey look good, and a 79-48 drubbing highlighted a night in which everyone seemed on their game. This should be the story of most of the Knights season, as they move into their league season looking to be a contender for a championship.

Photo Credit: Gray Star Sports
Photo Credit: Gray Star Sports

This year’s Knights are anchored by a strong core group of juniors highlighted by Armani Collins and Tyler Ryan, backed up by a growing group of sophomores who look to be able to dominate opposition in the near future. Mars Pasache and Jayden Newman are the sole players out of the senior and freshman class respectively, to fill out a strong squad for the Knights. Sole senior Mars Pasache looks to bring his veteran experience and leadership this year as he looks for an ever evasive league championship in his final season. “I’m trying to win the championship because we haven’t won one in a while and it’s my senior year. I want to leave with a bang,” he told me. “I think that under the leadership of Coach Johnson this year, we can really go far this season. His coaching throughout my time on the varsity squad has really contributed to me growing as a player and an athlete.”

The 13-5 Knights look good in the early season, with only a two point loss to University tarnishing their otherwise perfect in season league record.  Hopes are high on the varsity squad, and as they move into the second half of the season, they hope to make a huge impact on the league and hopefully walk out with a championship.