The student-run publication of Stuart Hall High School

The Roundtable

The Roundtable

The Roundtable

Meet the Staff
Anshsingh Ghayalod is sophomore and reporter for The Roundtable. He joined the team earlier this
Robin Tsai
Robin Tsai
Cartoonist
Robin Tsai is the cartoonist for The Roundtable and a new member of the publication team this
The Roundtable's Staff Editorial Columnists are Senior Reporters Bailey Parent and Vlad Korostyshevski. While written by Parent
The Crisis in San Francisco
The Crisis in San Francisco
By Ethan Yap, Reporter • April 11, 2024

Homelessness is a rampant problem in San Francisco. San Francisco now has a reputation of being a dirty city that is filled with homeless people. According...

Chinese Immersion Trip to Chengdu
Chinese Immersion Trip to Chengdu
By Christopher Chow, Reporter • April 9, 2024

On November 19th, ten Convent & Stuart Hall students studying Mandarin embarked on an unforgettable journey to Chengdu, China, opening their minds...

Berlin and Copenhagen urban exploration
By Giuseppe Scala and Ronan LiaoDecember 29, 2023

At the beginning of August this summer, 19 Convent and Stuart Hall seniors embarked on a journey to Copenhagen and Berlin. This school-facilitated...

Keeping up with CAS
By Ayden Arcillas, Chief of Staff • December 29, 2023

For many seniors this year, their projects are already on the move! Specifically for one stu- dent, Sebastian Horton-Vega (‘24), his project, “DiveIn”,...

Welcome Freshmen
By Sabastian Horten-Vega, Editor • December 29, 2023

As we begin the new school year, I’ve decided to reflect on the years prior, hopefully giving insight to the Freshmen that have just started high school....

Running to the Finish Line

by Liam Lynch ’13

The season for the 2012 Track team is finally coming to a close, and is heading to the home stretch. This year’s team has been dynamic and is on the cutting edge with a host of new talent from all classes. Every event this year, from the long distance to the sprints and hurdles, to the field has been improved dramatically due to the influx of new athletes to the team. In the freshman class, 19 new athletes from both Convent and Stuart Hall joined the team. This is a tremendous amount from one year to the next.

In the sprints, freshmen Benjamin Bapuopeleh and Bosco Bapuopeleh are speeding through the competition with their impressive performances in the 4X100 meter, 110-meter hurdles, 100-meter, and the 200-meter dashes. Freshmen Will Hackel and John Quinlan are also making an inpact against the competition in the 400-meter sprint. On the girls’ side Jane Stephens and Julia Nemy are moving up in the ranks among the team.

Michael Chan '12 runs the 1600 race | Photo by Jeff Nemy

With the season coming to an end, the final meet for the Stuart Hall and Convent Track and Field team is on Saturday, May 12, at the BAC Championship Meet at Chabot College. The Knights and Cubs will be competing against all other schools in the Bay Area Conference (BAC), including their top competitor in the BCL West, the Lick-Wilmerding Tigers. This year so far, the Knights and Cubs have been closely matched with Lick in terms of winning meets, while leaving all the other competing schools behind in the dust.

The whole Sacred Heart Community is rooting for their Knights and Cubs as they enter the final test of their strength, and wishes them good luck and fortitude. Go Cubs! And Go Knights!