The student-run publication of Stuart Hall High School

The Roundtable

The Roundtable

The Roundtable

Meet the Staff
Connor Zanoli
Connor Zanoli
Design Editor

Connor Zanoli is a designer, and he does graphics and page layouts for The Roundtable. He is artistically inclined

Nik Chupkin
Nik Chupkin
Nik Chupkin is editor-in-chief for The Roundtable as well as the publication’s resident designer.
The Roundtable's Staff Editorial Columnists are Senior Reporters Bailey Parent and Vlad Korostyshevski. While written by Parent
The Crisis in San Francisco
The Crisis in San Francisco
By Ethan Yap, Reporter • April 11, 2024

Homelessness is a rampant problem in San Francisco. San Francisco now has a reputation of being a dirty city that is filled with homeless people. According...

Chinese Immersion Trip to Chengdu
Chinese Immersion Trip to Chengdu
By Christopher Chow, Reporter • April 9, 2024

On November 19th, ten Convent & Stuart Hall students studying Mandarin embarked on an unforgettable journey to Chengdu, China, opening their minds...

Berlin and Copenhagen urban exploration
By Giuseppe Scala and Ronan LiaoDecember 29, 2023

At the beginning of August this summer, 19 Convent and Stuart Hall seniors embarked on a journey to Copenhagen and Berlin. This school-facilitated...

Keeping up with CAS
By Ayden Arcillas, Chief of Staff • December 29, 2023

For many seniors this year, their projects are already on the move! Specifically for one stu- dent, Sebastian Horton-Vega (‘24), his project, “DiveIn”,...

Welcome Freshmen
By Sabastian Horten-Vega, Editor • December 29, 2023

As we begin the new school year, I’ve decided to reflect on the years prior, hopefully giving insight to the Freshmen that have just started high school....

Basketball Season Preview

A New Year in SHHS Basketball
By: Nicholas Hom ’18

Screen Shot 2014-12-04 at 10.04.00 AM
The winter season is coming upon us and that means it is time for basketball season. After the basketball tryouts on November 10th, the teams for the Freshman/Sophomore and Junior Varsity teams are set and are ready to start playing. The varsity basketball squad filled two open spots this year with sophomore Darna Stewart and junior Chris Horsley. Max Phillips, a senior, says that “the team is looking good and we are ready for another great year.” Phillips, along with seniors Armani Collins, Will Hackel, Tyler Ryan and Pavlos Peritos, will be playing their last season at the Hall and are ready to end strong. The Varsity team kicked off their season with a win on November 22nd at Lowell, and remain undefeated this season. They start their BCL season with a home game on January 6th versus Lick-Wilmerding. Coming off a 24-8 record season last year and an 8-2 record in the league with a BCL championship under their belt, Stuart Hall High School’s Varsity basketball team is ready to go on and have another winning season.
The JV and Frosh/Soph teams are also ready for a new year. The Junior Varsity team also started their season on the 22nd of November with a game against Redwood High School here at home. Frosh/Soph team coach, Taylor Angel, is ready to coach a new group of 14 freshman and sophomores this year. Coach Angel is hoping that in his second year of coaching, he will “resurrect the Frosh/Soph team with increased talent” after last year’s 3-8 season.