The student-run publication of Stuart Hall High School

The Roundtable

The Roundtable

The Roundtable

Meet the Staff
Will Burns
Will Burns
Will Burns is a senior reporter for The Roundtable and has been part of the team since his freshman year. When he’s not writing,
Kavi Gandhi
Kavi Gandhi
Cartoonist
Kavi Gandhi is a cartoonist for The Roundtable and does some of the graphics for
Henry Murray
Henry Murray
Henry Murray is the sports editor for The Roundtable and has been writing for the publication
The Crisis in San Francisco
The Crisis in San Francisco
By Ethan Yap, Reporter • April 11, 2024

Homelessness is a rampant problem in San Francisco. San Francisco now has a reputation of being a dirty city that is filled with homeless people. According...

Chinese Immersion Trip to Chengdu
Chinese Immersion Trip to Chengdu
By Christopher Chow, Reporter • April 9, 2024

On November 19th, ten Convent & Stuart Hall students studying Mandarin embarked on an unforgettable journey to Chengdu, China, opening their minds...

Berlin and Copenhagen urban exploration
By Giuseppe Scala and Ronan LiaoDecember 29, 2023

At the beginning of August this summer, 19 Convent and Stuart Hall seniors embarked on a journey to Copenhagen and Berlin. This school-facilitated...

Keeping up with CAS
By Ayden Arcillas, Chief of Staff • December 29, 2023

For many seniors this year, their projects are already on the move! Specifically for one stu- dent, Sebastian Horton-Vega (‘24), his project, “DiveIn”,...

Welcome Freshmen
By Sabastian Horten-Vega, Editor • December 29, 2023

As we begin the new school year, I’ve decided to reflect on the years prior, hopefully giving insight to the Freshmen that have just started high school....

Basketball Continues Strong Season

Knights without a chink in the armor
By: Owen Fahy ’18

Photo Credit: Stephen Everest '15
Photo Credit: Stephen Everest '15

The Knights marched into University High School on Tuesday night, for a triple header with the Red Devils in the Devil Dome. The Frosh/Soph team started the winning with a blowout win over UHS’s Frosh/Soph team. Varsity followed up Frosh/Soph, in an unusual schedule. Varsity established a sizeable lead behind scoring bursts from Armani Collins and Axavier Dillenger-Byrd. Zeke Crawford inhaled every rebound he could sniff, and Darna Stewart supplied a scoring burst off the bench. UHS would launch a comeback, tying the game at 47 midway through the third quarter. The bout would continue as the teams would trade the lead for the remaining of regulation. With 17 seconds remaining in the fourth quarter, the fire alarm went off, and everybody exited the gym. Both teams returned, and the game would go into a second overtime, tied at 67. The Knights would score 13 points in the second overtime, and University could not match it. The Knights emerged victorious to improve their record to 16-2 and remain undefeated in league play. Four of Stuart Hall’s five starters would score more than sixteen points, as the Knights flexed their muscles. To complete the sweep, the JV squad emerged with a nine point win over UHS’s JV team. The game was heavily delayed due to the building evacuation and two overtimes. Nevertheless, the game was played, but in a scrappy fashion. Neither team found a rhythm and it was back and forth, but the Knights were are to pull ahead and complete the sweep. It was a long night for both teams, but The Hall was able to whether the opposing crowd and show true grit and composure in their victories.