The student-run publication of Stuart Hall High School

The Roundtable

The Roundtable

The Roundtable

Meet the Staff
Connor Zanoli
Connor Zanoli
Design Editor

Connor Zanoli is a designer, and he does graphics and page layouts for The Roundtable. He is artistically inclined

Kavi Gandhi
Kavi Gandhi
Cartoonist
Kavi Gandhi is a cartoonist for The Roundtable and does some of the graphics for
Cole Charas
Cole Charas
Cole is the Editor-in-Chief of The Roundtable. He is an infographic designer, editor, and in charge of the layout. He began drawing
The Crisis in San Francisco
The Crisis in San Francisco
By Ethan Yap, Reporter • April 11, 2024

Homelessness is a rampant problem in San Francisco. San Francisco now has a reputation of being a dirty city that is filled with homeless people. According...

Chinese Immersion Trip to Chengdu
Chinese Immersion Trip to Chengdu
By Christopher Chow, Reporter • April 9, 2024

On November 19th, ten Convent & Stuart Hall students studying Mandarin embarked on an unforgettable journey to Chengdu, China, opening their minds...

Berlin and Copenhagen urban exploration
By Giuseppe Scala and Ronan LiaoDecember 29, 2023

At the beginning of August this summer, 19 Convent and Stuart Hall seniors embarked on a journey to Copenhagen and Berlin. This school-facilitated...

Keeping up with CAS
By Ayden Arcillas, Chief of Staff • December 29, 2023

For many seniors this year, their projects are already on the move! Specifically for one stu- dent, Sebastian Horton-Vega (‘24), his project, “DiveIn”,...

Welcome Freshmen
By Sabastian Horten-Vega, Editor • December 29, 2023

As we begin the new school year, I’ve decided to reflect on the years prior, hopefully giving insight to the Freshmen that have just started high school....

College Profile: Tulane University

rosanelli_tulaneLocation, location, location.  Is that important when you are looking at a college?  Some people want to stay close to home, others want to go far, but everyone wants to end up somewhere that will provide entertainment when they take a break from studying.  With that in mind, I visited Tulane in New Orleans, a truly great city.  This school is small, but it has a lot to offer.  Everyday isn’t Mardi Gras, but it is good to know that the school closes down on Lundi Gras and Mardi Gras so that you and your friends can enjoy it.  All year round the French Quarter is active, and although New Orleans is a small city, it does offer all the entertainment that you get in a much bigger city.

Tulane University was founded in 1834 and is located about four miles from the French Quarter in the Garden District of New Orleans, not too far from the New Orleans Sacred Heart School. They offer undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees in the liberal arts, science and engineering, architecture, business, law, social work, medicine, and public health. The undergraduate school has slightly over 7,000 students and total enrollment is around 11,000.  Tuition, room and board, and expenses run around $53,000 per year, but 65% of students get financial aid, and merit scholarships are awarded without having to meet financial eligibility.

If you are interested in going to medical school, Tulane offers several interesting options, and Tulane Medical School is a widely recognized facility.  After your second year, you can apply for the medical school and be accepted to attend in two years after you finish undergrad, but there is a limited number of spots. This is not binding on the student, but it can take a lot of pressure off and if you do decide to attend their medical school, you do not need to take any further tests like the MCAT’s. They also have a program that combines undergraduate and medical school and takes only six years.

I went on a campus tour of Tulane and got a feel for the school environment. It is a fairly large campus at 140 acres and has a great deal of open space covered with grass and trees. There are also many interesting buildings on campus (some with classic college architecture that has been the film sight of many movies) an award winning eco-friendly building, and even a building with a message encoded in the windows.

Overall, I had a very positive feeling about Tulane. It is definitely a good school to look at, as it is multifaceted enough to appeal to a wide range of people and interests.