The student-run publication of Stuart Hall High School

The Roundtable

The Roundtable

The Roundtable

Meet the Staff

Julian is a reporter for the Roundtable, who enjoys writing about sports. Outside of school, he spends his time

Cole Charas
Cole Charas
Cole is the Editor-in-Chief of The Roundtable. He is an infographic designer, editor, and in charge of the layout. He began drawing
Connor Zanoli
Connor Zanoli
Design Editor

Connor Zanoli is a designer, and he does graphics and page layouts for The Roundtable. He is artistically inclined

The Crisis in San Francisco
The Crisis in San Francisco
By Ethan Yap, Reporter • April 11, 2024

Homelessness is a rampant problem in San Francisco. San Francisco now has a reputation of being a dirty city that is filled with homeless people. According...

Chinese Immersion Trip to Chengdu
Chinese Immersion Trip to Chengdu
By Christopher Chow, Reporter • April 9, 2024

On November 19th, ten Convent & Stuart Hall students studying Mandarin embarked on an unforgettable journey to Chengdu, China, opening their minds...

Berlin and Copenhagen urban exploration
By Giuseppe Scala and Ronan LiaoDecember 29, 2023

At the beginning of August this summer, 19 Convent and Stuart Hall seniors embarked on a journey to Copenhagen and Berlin. This school-facilitated...

Keeping up with CAS
By Ayden Arcillas, Chief of Staff • December 29, 2023

For many seniors this year, their projects are already on the move! Specifically for one stu- dent, Sebastian Horton-Vega (‘24), his project, “DiveIn”,...

Welcome Freshmen
By Sabastian Horten-Vega, Editor • December 29, 2023

As we begin the new school year, I’ve decided to reflect on the years prior, hopefully giving insight to the Freshmen that have just started high school....

Drama Reaching New Heights

By: James Hernandez ’15

Singing, Dancing, and Other Stuff

Photo Credit | Mrs. Saltvet
Photo Credit | Mrs. Saltvet

This year’s performance of the musical play In the Heights was a very delightful one indeed. Staged and performed by the high school students at Stuart Hall and Convent this drama team really set a new standard for musicals at the high school level. The team obviously spent a lot of time practicing to get where they are now. Elijah Tolentino ‘14 who played the part of Sonny said “The play was really fun. People had a blast singing and dancing. It was pretty cool and funny to see how people acted out their parts”. Elijah enjoyed the play so much that he plans to do it next year and advises people to join also.

Photo Credit | Mrs. Saltveit
Photo Credit | Mrs. Saltveit

In terms of acting, it was superb. The actors mimicked their characters completely including very authentic Hispanic accents. Having to do an accent is hard enough but the students did it without effort. The music and choreography was spot on, in sync the whole way. The play was a definite success this year and should be a great stepping stone for next year’s musical.