The student-run publication of Stuart Hall High School

The Roundtable

The Roundtable

The Roundtable

Meet the Staff
Anshsingh Ghayalod is sophomore and reporter for The Roundtable. He joined the team earlier this
Henry Murray
Henry Murray
Henry Murray is the sports editor for The Roundtable and has been writing for the publication
Bailey Parent
Bailey Parent
Bailey Parent is a sophomore and a reporter for The Roundtable. When he’s not writing or busy with school, he is a boy scout
The Crisis in San Francisco
The Crisis in San Francisco
By Ethan Yap, Reporter • April 11, 2024

Homelessness is a rampant problem in San Francisco. San Francisco now has a reputation of being a dirty city that is filled with homeless people. According...

Chinese Immersion Trip to Chengdu
Chinese Immersion Trip to Chengdu
By Christopher Chow, Reporter • April 9, 2024

On November 19th, ten Convent & Stuart Hall students studying Mandarin embarked on an unforgettable journey to Chengdu, China, opening their minds...

Berlin and Copenhagen urban exploration
By Giuseppe Scala and Ronan LiaoDecember 29, 2023

At the beginning of August this summer, 19 Convent and Stuart Hall seniors embarked on a journey to Copenhagen and Berlin. This school-facilitated...

Keeping up with CAS
By Ayden Arcillas, Chief of Staff • December 29, 2023

For many seniors this year, their projects are already on the move! Specifically for one stu- dent, Sebastian Horton-Vega (‘24), his project, “DiveIn”,...

Welcome Freshmen
By Sabastian Horten-Vega, Editor • December 29, 2023

As we begin the new school year, I’ve decided to reflect on the years prior, hopefully giving insight to the Freshmen that have just started high school....

Track Season Preview

This year’s team looks to continue last year’s dominance
By: Sam Cormier ’18

Photo Credit: GrayStar Sports Media
Photo Credit: GrayStar Sports Media

With the winter sports season winding down, track season is right around the corner. With Mr. Buckley and Mr. Helms leading the Stuart Hall track team, the coaches hope to build on last year’s success. Unofficial practices have been going on throughout the last few months with winter conditioning, but the first official practice is Monday, February 9th with the first meet coming on March 6th.
If Stuart Hall Track and Field wants to live up to the expectations they set for themselves after last year, they have a tough test ahead of them. Last year, the Track and Field team was the BCL West, Bay Area Conference, and North Coast Section champions. Mr. Buckley is not worried however, and told the round table, “We had 15 all-league selections last year, only one of whom was a senior.” Mr. Buckley is confident that the track team can match and even do better than last year’s impressive achievements.
Track is a very individualized sport even though it is a team competition. Each individual competes in his or her own event. Those points are then tallied to the team total. The range of these events is wide, consisting of jumps, throws and different lengths of runs. This makes practice very difficult to organize because the events are both very technical and very different from one another. For example, the 100 meter dash requires bursts of speed, while the hurdles require that every single step of their race is choreographed beforehand.
The track team has a tough schedule this year with their meets starting on March 6th with the Sunset Invitational and their final meet on June 6th which is the CIF championship. Although the track team has some tough challenges ahead of them, they look to repeat their success of last year and be the best track team in San Francisco.